This makes, like, Top 3 of all my summer creations. That’s all I’m going to say. They are OBJECTIVELY good. This makes 6 muffins / cupcakes of about 2 cm diameter each.
(Modified from this recipe.)
+ 1 banana
+ half avocado
+ half-ish carrot
+ 2 tbsp butter
+ 3 tbsp sugar
+ 3 tbsp stevia (or sugar)
+ 1 egg
+ 1 cup flour
+ 1 tsp baking powder
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ 2 tbsp applesauce
+ 2 tbsp milk
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffeh.
2. Beat egg. Mix in.
3. Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar etc.)
4. Add half of mixed dry ingredients, mix quickly.
5. Mash banana and avocado with applesauce. Grate carrot and mix in.
6. Add mashed fruits/veg. Add in remaining flour. Mix.
7. Bake in muffin tin at 175 Celsius for ~25 mins. Top may be lightly brown.
Calories: ~200 cal each.
I topped them with dried mulberries. Dried berries of any sort would probably go well with these. They’re not super sweet (hence a breakfast option, kinda like a scone?) and surprisingly filling. If you mashed the fruits by hand like me, you’ll find specks of green and yellow and orange when you bite into them…which was upsetting for my dad until I explained what they were. That was funny. Heh.