Is good. Is fragrant. Kinda like pie. Barley makes it chewy. 10/10 would eat. Is best fresh out of oven. I made this quite a while ago so I don’t really remember what I have to say about it.
Adapted from this recipe here.
+ 1 cup cooked barley
+ 4 cups chopped broccoli
+ 2 cloves garlic
+ 1 small onion
+ 1 tsp salt
+ 4 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt*
+ 1 egg
+ 2 tbsp chopped basil
+ 1 tbsp black pepper
+ 0.5 cup cottage cheese*
1. Sauté onions and garlic
2. Add broccoli, stir fry until lightly brown
3. Add dash of water and steam for ~2 min., add salt and pepper to taste
3. Combine barley, broccoli, and basil
4. Mix yogurt, cottage cheese, and egg
5. Combine all ingredients in baking dish of choice. Cover with foil.**
6. Bake at 175 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit for 30 mins.
7. Remove foil, bake for 20 more mins.
Calories: 140 per serving for 4 servings
*Of your choice
**Top with additional cheese if desired, cottage cheese / brie / mozzarella should work. And/or top with more basil and pepper, it looks pretty
I vaguely remember this being not salty enough, but you could always add more salt later (I did). Surprisingly filling. Could probably chuck in the freezer and microwave later. I baked this in a ~25 cm diameter baking dish / cake tin and it spread out to be about 1 cm thick! In retrospect, making this sweeter would probably also be good hmm