Because it’s winter and I like fall vegetables and why have brussels sprouts never been a part of my childhood? Clearly I have to eat ridiculous amounts of it to make up for lost time.
+ 4 cups brussels sprouts
+ 1 tbsp + 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
+ 1 tbsp olive oil
+ 3 tsp maple syrup
+ Salt and pepper to taste
+ Garlic to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Wash and chop brussels sprouts in half. Put in oven-safe dish.
3. Mix with 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp oil, salt, pepper, garlic to taste.
4. Roast in oven at 400 F for 30 mins, mixing again at 15 mins.
5. Remove from oven. Mix with 3 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp vinegar.
6. Add additional seasonings if desired.
I had the entire baking dish full of sprouts for my nighttime snack / fourth meal and went to bed happy and extremely full and extremely proud of myself.